TREATMENT TIME REQUIRED FOR CERAMIC VENEERS
3 office visits, 1- 4 hours each in 5 days time.
- Have a professional cleaning 3-4 times per year
- Avoid use of ultrasonic scalers and air abrasives during hygiene office visits
- Take special care when biting into or chewing hard & sticky foods
- Must wear Nightguards to protect from night teeth gringing.
- See dentist for resealing of margins as needed
Glazed, natural appearance and effective masking of stains
- Less chipping than bonding
- Extremely good bond to enamel
- Minimal staining and loss of color or luster
- Less tooth reduction required than crowning
- Lasts longer than bonding
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Generally no anesthetic required
- Color change is possible
- More expensive than bonding
- Difficult to repair if the veneer cracks or chips
- Irreversible if much enamel is removed
- Staining may occur between teeth, depending on how the veneer is prepared
- Margins may “wash out” and require repair.